Τι Είναι η Παιδική Δυσφαγία;
is a disorder of the swallowing or feeding process where the child or the adult can not swallow the liquid or solid food. Symptoms of dysphagia in children present a wide variety and may not be the same in all children.
What are the warning signs of dysphagia?
We worry when we notice:
- Cough or drowning during food
- Difficulty and great effort in chewing and swallowing food
- Pain when swallowed
- Ink-color change during the meal
- Change voice quality
- Food residues in the mouth or throat
- Unjustified weight loss
- Common respiratory infections
- Feeling of a foreign body in the cervix
- Respiratory difficulties
- Unexplained denial of feeding
How is the swallowing disorder treated?
The treatment of dysphagia requires a team of experts such as neurologist, otolaryngologist, speech therapist, psychologist, nutritionist, special nursing staff and others. Symptoms as well as treatment vary depending on the type of difficulty, the stage it is being traced or its degree.